by Beth | Dec 6, 2010 | 0 comments
Year of Mercy
- Ask God to give us the true spirit of mercy, which is the characteristic spirit of God.
- Let’s pray to Him, but let’s do it with great confidence, and be assured that, in His great mercy, He’ll grant it to us in the end.
- In His compassion and mercy, He supplies for our defects.
Looking for something in particular?
Journey to myself
- This idea of seeing and accepting reality has been following me around of late. It nudges me and it challenges me. Somehow, I’m pretty sure it will be a recurring theme so I’d best just learn to deal with it. Today’s Gospel reading was LONG… we got the whole story it seems. If you want […]
- Today’s homily focused a lot on Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the concept of “Cheap Grace” and the Cost of Discipleship. It makes sense as we approach Ash Wednesday and Lent that this might be a topic for a homily. After all, it seems that the focus of Lent is so often “Doing Stuff” like we think […]
- Last week I celebrated Epiphany on January 6. On the 7th, I took Christmas down. But my Wise Men and their camels and gifts made it to my manger scene in good time. They arrived on the 4th! Must have been great travelling this year. Epiphany — our young priest tried to explain it Sunday. […]