OK — this is the first in a series of not-heart healthy, but totally yummy and easy recipes…
- 2 pkgs Simply potatoes shredded hashbrowns
- 1 qt half and half (the real stuff)
- 1 stick of butter (real butter is best)
- 1 med onion finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in the half and half (I do this in the microwave); mix in the chopped onion and add salt and pepper to taste. Put the potatoes into a 9" x 13" baking dish. Pour the half and half mixture over the potatoes; top with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 for 35-45 minutes -- until the top is golden brown.
- Serves 12 normal people, or 3 or 4 water polo players.