Scrapbook page – Lily at the beach, cropped for website« Beach Baby
Year of Mercy
- Ask God to give us the true spirit of mercy, which is the characteristic spirit of God.
- Let’s pray to Him, but let’s do it with great confidence, and be assured that, in His great mercy, He’ll grant it to us in the end.
- In His compassion and mercy, He supplies for our defects.
Looking for something in particular?
Journey to myself
- Sunday past was Pentecost. Fifty days after Easter, the Roman [Catholic] Church, among others, celebrates the gift of the Holy Spirit as she descended upon the apostles and gave them a power to speak in all languages. To reach all people with the Good News. This Spirit moves and animates in all sorts of interesting […]
- This idea of seeing and accepting reality has been following me around of late. It nudges me and it challenges me. Somehow, I’m pretty sure it will be a recurring theme so I’d best just learn to deal with it. Today’s Gospel reading was LONG… we got the whole story it seems. If you want […]
- Today’s homily focused a lot on Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the concept of “Cheap Grace” and the Cost of Discipleship. It makes sense as we approach Ash Wednesday and Lent that this might be a topic for a homily. After all, it seems that the focus of Lent is so often “Doing Stuff” like we think […]